The collection consists of 23 4x6 black-and-white portraits of Sicangu and Oglala people photographed ca. 1900.
Featured are the following in traditional clothing:
1. One Star, warbonnet, hair pipe bandolier, peace medal.
2. HollowHorn Bear, warbonnet, breastplate, beaded shirt, with stone club.
3. Stands and Looks Back, warbonnet, quilled shirt, peace medal, blanket and beaded strip, with eagle wing fan.
4. American Horse, warbonnet, quilled shirt, bear claw necklace, peace medal.
5. Iron Shell, warbonnet, beaded shirt, peace medal.
6. Turning Bear, warbonnet, breastplate, with shield.
7. Little Bald Eagle, warbonnet, quilled shirt, with stone club.
8. Stranger Horse, warbonnet, quilled shirt, two peace medals, with pipe and beaded pipe bag.
9. High Hawk, war bonnet, beaded shirt, silver cross, with eagle wing fan and silver topped cane.
10. Hollow Horn Bear, two eagle feathers in hair, beaded shirt, peace medal.
11. Goes to War, single eagle feather in hair, cloth headband, cotton shirt, breastplate.
12. High Horse, warbonnet, quilled shirt, with eagle wing fan, and inlaid pipe.
13. He Dog, warbonnet, quilled shirt, George Washington peace medal, with eagle wing fan and stone club.
14. Fool Bull, two eagle feathers in hair, cloth shirt, bear claw necklace, with shield and Omaha society whip.
15. Crow Dog, two eagle feathers in hair, trade blanket with rifle and horse.
16. Katie Roubideaux, beaded dress, leggings, and moccasins holding her doll and standing on beaded saddle blanket.
17. Kills Two, wearing headband and single eagle feather , beaded shirt, leggings, moccasins, and painting winter count.
18. Ben Reifel as a young man, hair roach, headband with spot, blanket with strip, playing flageolet.
19. Yellow Hair and wife. He wears warbonnet,quilled shirt, beaded leggings, moccasins; she wears blue stroud dress with dentalium yoke, beaded leggings, moccasins with eagle wing fan
20. Unidentified woman, beaded dress, carrying child strapped to back with shawl.
21. Unidentified man, headband and single eagle feather, breechcloth, beaded moccasins, with bow case.
22. Same man as 21., arms raised in prayer.
23. Group from Rosebud, 12 men, on woman, one child in various types of clothing of the day.
Available Only in Complete Sets, $19.95 per set plus $3.00 shipping and handling.
DRAWINGS BY ANDREW STANDING SOLDIER (1917-1967)